An arrogant and hotblooded tomboy. Izumi loves a good challenge but hates losing, and will always challenge the winner again, and she likes setting up traps. Izumi is also a psychic, but she mainly reads others' minds, and she's also a wind user. She's very proud of her flat chest since she believes she can hold others closer to her heart with it, but she hates having her height mentioned. She's often mistaken as a prepubescent child, something that frustrates her to no end.
At birth, Izumi's name was Ianthe. She was born in Heratia, one of the kingdoms in Rosasharn, and her parents were the rulers in this kingdom. When the war began, Ianthe's mother was killed and she and her father had to flee by themselves. They moved to Osaka, Japan, and Ianthe became Izumi.
Izumi was a boyish child, and she was popular in school. She still had difficulties though; at this age, she was already able to read minds, an ability that can't be controlled. She tried hard not to, but had painful headaches in the process. The harder she tried, the more difficult it was to supress this ability, so she had no choice but to embrace the fact that she can't get rid of this ability. She learnt of her ability to use wind magic after she lost her notes thanks to the wind, so she managed to get it back by causing a small whirlwind. Thanks to this, she and her father came back to Rosasharn when she was eight years old.
- Izumi sounds like Melissa Fahn, voice actress of Neptune from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series.
- When Izumi turns fifteen, or at least when she actually hits puberty, her appearance will change drastically. Fifteen year-old Izumi has a long side-ponytail, her height is 5'2", and her measurements are 78-57-81. In a way, she's still a loli. 15 year-old Izumi also sounds like Nisa from Hyperdimension Neptunia.
- Izumi is fond of wearing goggles, but she doesn't actually wear them for protection. She just thinks they look cool.
- She resembles Satoko Hojo from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, and maybe Lambdadelta from Umineko No Naku Koro Ni. This was a complete accident. Her very first design however resembled Emi Ibarazaki from Katawa Shoujo.
- Makie often uses her as a doll or a mannequin, which annoys her to no end. This will continue even after Izumi's growth spurt.